Sunday, October 31, 2010

No more lean ground beef.

 I just spent an hour cleaning my lovely 4 in 1 grill. I had made burgers for dinner the other night and I did buy the lean ground beef but still, It sputtered and smoked up the whole house and then the fat oozed out all over in all the nooks and crannys of my grill that took a lot of scrubbing! And there was grease all over the countertop. Thank heavens the grill parts detach for cleaning but I still had to get the grease that got underneath that! Near the heating elements which I do not think is a good thing. So while I was scrubbing this goopy grease I knew in the back of my mind that some of that stuff got into me as well. I used to eat and make turkey burgers all the time. But some times you all know, the idea of a nice fat burger entices me. Not any more, I do not want to do this cleaning any more. I also want to be healthy. I loved my turkey burgers, I would mix the gound turkey with chopped fresh rosemary and chopped red onion.
Make them all ahead of time and then freeze. I would come home from work and throw one on the grill (geo foreman back then) right from the freezer with a slice of egglant. These did not really need a roll or bun. Fresh cranberry sauce would be good here too. And there would be NO grease in the grease catcher!!!! Makes sense huh.


Poor baby I am sorry I clogged you!

No comments:

Post a Comment