Sunday, October 24, 2010

Giving Swiss Chard another chance

I used to belong to Porter Farms CSA and that was some goooood veggies. Myself and quite a few friends joined. We would get these big bags stuffed with really fresh organic veggies, each bag a delightful present to open. But we all never did know what to do with the Swiss Chard. I did make it once with a recipe that came with the CSA newsletter,  but I was impatient and burned the olive oil. It wasn't good. But in all my meanderings of recipes and eating healthy and maybe 49% vegetarian, everyone talks about how good Kale and Swiss Chard is for you. Plus it is so fun to say. Well, I said, I am going to try it again. And look at how beautiful it is. Something THAT gorgeous has got to taste yummmm. So I just prepared it simply, blanched real quick in boiling water and then sauteed in olive oil and garlic, mixed with pasta and Parmesano regiano sprinkled over the top.
It was fabulous! Very earthy tasting and smelling, earthy and dirt-y in a good way.  I am going to add it regularly to my diet. It is so healthy, oh gotta go, Barb is here and she is taking me for Arctic swirls....so much for healthy,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment