Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I like the taste of tomato, zucchini and cannelloni beans together. It has been my summer go to base. This throw together I started with ground turkey, browned and then threw in a 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes. I put in garlic salt and I use sugar with all my tomato sauce types. I like a sweet sauce. Lots of ground pepper and added 1 can of cannelloni beans. With olive oil I sauteed zucchini, bell pepper and onion. In yet another pan. Cooked the whole wheat elbows. It has taken some time, but I like whole wheat pasta's now. Give your self time. The white stuff just isn't good for you. READ LABELS! Since healthy and whole wheat is the new rage, labels can be deceiving. I used my dried basil from my garden.

I added a little pazazz with hot pepper flakes and Frank's hot sauce. And with each individual serving I add fresh grated Parmesano Romano hard cheese. Crusty bread in winter and nice green salad in the summer.

I keep tons of cans of diced and/or crushed tomato's and cannelloni beans in the cupboard. I hit the farmers markets last month and bought LOTS of zucchini and squash and instantly chopped in squares, some zucchini I sliced the long way. (Love them grilled like that) and froze. Just for these kinds of "throw togethers".

I call this one Roumahhhlashhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment