Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Goji Berries!

Well I had just about given up on my Goji Berry plant. I ordered in early spring, I watered it and babied it all summer not really sure what I was doing. Nothing happened. Then I gave up on my plants by end of July. Mainly flowers. They wilted in the 90 degree hot weather. I watered when I remembered. My sunflowers were tiny! I literally stopped mowing my lawn for the month of August. I just didn't care! I think it was a symptom of watching Hoarders. But I did bring my Goji berry plant on to the porch for the fall with plans to bring it in for the winter. I still keep meaning to google on how to care for a Goji berry plant. I did hear they were quite hearty! Well, I went to water my plants last weekend and there they were! My precious little gogi babies! Not much to brag about. But now I know they will be heartier next year. I ate one. It was different. My first time. Berry like, kinda like a strawberry, watermelon pomegranate. I will keep you posted next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment