Sunday, October 31, 2010

I am SOOOOOO jealous!!!

Barb and I took a drive out to S. Wales to visit our good friend Pam. She has a beautiful homestead! She bought the place, hundreds of acres back in the 90's when we were all still party girls and I could not understand why. Slowly she dropped out of the scene as we continued to party on. But now many many years later, way past my party prime, I understand. While me and Barb were doing shots, Pam was fixing, and hammering, and gutting and remodeling, adding and removing, digging, and planting. And now she has a beautiful homestead to show for it. She  also has a very successful Daylily Farm website. She is doing what she loves and loving where she lives.
Oh and I also found out that her brother in law Tim, who I have known for ever! His company now does Solar and Wind installation! How great is that???? Some one I can trust with some thing that is definitely going to be in my future! His company is Buffalo Greenworks.
And having a homestead does not mean you have to live in an ugly old house. Look at how beautiful Pam has made her place!

Her Great, great room that used to be the garage! I could just live in this room alone!

Barb and Pam

Barb in the gorgeous kitchen
Bathroom





Her three donkeys


No comments:

Post a Comment