Saturday, May 14, 2011

Off Track ...Getting Back

I bought a book for my Nook, called 12 X12  about living in a one room cabin off grid. I was listening to an old podcast interview from hundreds I have stored on my PC at work. It was random, but of course, I do not believe in coincidence.....
It reminded me of how almost a year ago, I was in one of my goal oriented "modes" of learning, researching and finding out everything I possibly could about doing just what this book is about, living self-sufficiently in a small cabin in the woods. I have a huge 3 ring binder 5 inches thick of my notes, and print outs of all of this, from raising chickens to what kind of wood to use in a wood stove, composting toilets and solar panels, digging a well to raising edible weeds........Heck, that's why I started this blog. I was going to chronicle everything I did to get there.
Almost a year ago I was sitting in my city home, ordering Country Living books, Mother Earth  and learning to make pepper jelly!
And then I went camping in Allegheny with no electricity, all alone, two seconds after my menopause symptoms started.
It scared the Country outta me!!!!  But not so much that I did not pick my self up and move out here. Best thing I ever did.
Every day gets better and better, greener and warmer. I am sitting here on my porch looking out at my adorable little Lyndonville village and I feel so blessed! Every morning on my way to work I exclaim, God Spoils me!!!! My menopause symptoms seemed to have disappeared after January as well. But I am prepared if they come back.

The book is really awesome, I just started it but am enjoying it immensely. I have also stumbled upon a new podcast to add to my menagerie of podcasts that I listen to. I download them and listen either on my porch, at my desk or on my drives to and from work. They are talk show podcasts. This one ( two shows actually) is by Dee Wallace and I really love it. Conscious Creation or Bright Light. This way of thinking has brought me into a positive mind. I am no longer thinking negative unhealthy thoughts. I am a delight to be around my mind lately. Another excellent show to listen to is Denise Linn on Hayhouse. I just love her spirit and her radiant joy. And she loves chickens and goats like I do!!!

But lastly, I had been so pre-occupied with my weight, and exercise and trying to transform my body into a hot Victoria's Secret model body......ain't happening! But I had been so obsessed with getting home and running on the treadmill, doing the Insanity or 10 minute trainer video, and when I don't do it I am so disappointed with myself. And then like a revelation I asked myself, what would really really make me happy? And I remembered how wonderful and alive and fulfilled I felt doing my yoga! So I am returning back to Yoga. Especially to Yoga Today that transformed my life when I used to do it daily when I lived in Albion and I would sit and watch the sun set. I am getting back to that. Now, I do not dread my workout, I look forward to it!

So I am on my fab porch and I need to get back to my book.

More to come.....

Me at my fire pit last Mother's day......

No comments:

Post a Comment